Certified Female Friendly Blog Carnival: New Year Edition
It's a new year in the AskPatty nation, and it's time to take a look back at some of the awesome stuff our Certified Female Friendly retailers did to celebrate the holiday season. Peabody, set the wayback machine for December 2012!
Swamp's Performance continues to prove that it's a force to be reckoned with when it comes to treating women right. Aside from regular women's clinics, regular specials and promos, and a Courtesy Shuttle used to bring customers where ever they may need to go if their car is in their shop, the Swamp's team outdid themselves this December with a mountainour Toy Drive.
The Akwesasne Mountain of Toys and Basket Drive is a fundraiser that is held every year, this is the 6th year. Toys, pajamas and food are given out to families in the community who are in need so that they have Christmas presents, new Christmas pajamas and a good dinner. This is the first year in which Swamp's has been involved with collecting donations. We hope to fill our Courtesy Shuttle with donated items and we will deliver to the Drive on December 14th. On December 12th, Hawk from 101.5 The Fox was there promoting Free Brakes and Free Oil Changes. There were give-a-ways, deals and prizes all day. Casey even "went to jail" on the 14th as well, and was locked up at the fire station until he coule be bailed out. Many business owners were held along with him. Bail consisted of monetary donations, items or food.
Casey, free once again, is shown here handing a check to the Akwesasne Cancer Support Group, using funds collected from their Women's Clinic attendees. Their next clinic is scheduled for February 13.
Star Motors had an eventful December, as attested by the slew of events on their calendar for the month!
- Holiday Customer Appreciation Days - Save between 10 and 20 percent off your ENTIRE BILL! This annual event is our way of saying thank you for the support you have shown us throughout the year. It's our most popular promotion, so be sure to schedule your appointments in advance.
- TWO-FOR-ONE! For two weeks only, buy one Elite Car Care Club at the regular price and get another one for FREE. That's $940 worth of automotive repair for only $120! Elite Car Care Clubs make great gifts
- Marine Toys for Tots Annual Drive. Bring in a new, unwrapped toy (minimum $5 value) and receive a $25 Star Motors Gift Card for each toy you bring in (maximum 4 Gift Cards). TOYS MUST BE DROPPED OFF BY DECEMBER 14TH. Thank you to Kathleen Frame for donating 29 toys! Just for fun - be the first person to exceed Kathleen's donation and receive an extra $100 in Star Motors gift cards!
- Purchase Star Motors Personalized Gift Certificates in any amount. Star Motors Gift Cards, Personalized Gift Certificates, Elite Car Care Clubs, and Autotex Pink Wiper Blades (benefitting breast cancer research) make fantastic holiday gifts and stocking stuffers!
- Vote Star! Please take a moment to vote for us in this year's Capistrano Dispatch 'Best Of San Juan' Awards for Best Auto Repair and Best Customer Service. We always appreciate your votes of confidence.
- The Star Art Gallery features artwork for sale from local artists. We are pleased to welcome our newest artists, Susan Jarecky and Steve Kell. A portion of artwork sold in the Star Gallery is donated to various charitable organizations. Stay tuned in the New Year for upcoming community art and wine events at Star Motors
- Holiday stress? Stop by Star Motors Thursday, December 13th from 7-8 pm and enjoy a presentation on stress management with Mari McShane, Certified Health Coach.
Wine, Chocolate and Car Care do go well together especially when paired up by Schoen Place Auto.
Join the Schoen Place team on Thursday January 10, 2013 for an evening of wine, chocolates, deserts and learn some basics every car owner should know about car maintance and car buying techniques. Tour our shop and see how a car repair shop operates behind the scenes. Owner Jerry Elman believes owning and maintaining a car does not have to be stressful. He wants to prove it by personally hosting this event and teaching the basics of car ownership. While this event is free, the team are asking for voluntary $10 donations to go to Safe Journey, a local organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence and abuse.
All donations will go directly to local families.