Cash in your gift cards for ESCORT Radar's SmartRadar detector
The SmartRadar will make the perfect gift for those who love technologically but do not love getting speeding tickets.
- Radar/laser receiver with built-in Bluetooth wireless technology with brackets and guides
- Mini display controller which mounts behind one’s rear view mirror What’s It Does
- Can adjust laser sensitivity and even mute any X band which can sometimes be caused by interferences such as grocery stoor doors.
- Includes anti-falsing software to eliminate excessive alerts from erroneous X- and K-band sources, such as traffic flow-monitoring systems.
- Can change the sound of the warning tones and alarms
- There are also multiple settings for driving including; highway, auto, Auto No X
- SmartRadar also includes seven user-selectable programmable features so one may customize their detector to meet their needs. Display Brightness, Power-On Indication, Power-On Sequence, Signal-Strength Meter, AutoMute, Voice, and Bands.
The SmartRadar featues ESCORT Live, an iPhone application specifically for this unit. This feature provides linked access from ones iPhone and sync’s with ESCORTs real-time ticket protection network, which warns you of upcoming alerts received by other users in the area. It also includes access to ESCORTs DEFENDER® Database, which warns the driver of verified speed traps, speed cameras, and red light cameras. There are also other GPS based features which sync with the iPhone , including speed-limit data for over-speed alerts, live traffic data for driver’s current location, and TrueLock™ to help eliminate false alerts. A driver may also tag locations on the ESCORT Live iPhone map to show if police are in the area (offering real-time information to other users) or if certain X or K bands are false the radar will store this information for future reference.
There is a software update available but I would not necessarily call it easy. When I first attempted to load the software (onto my iPhone from ESCORTs website) I was brought to a page where I could buy the radar detector, not run the free/included application. So I went back to the home page and started over. I re-hit the download button to download ESCORT live. Needless to say after many hang-ups I was finally able to download the application onto my phone.. This took over an hour. In essence ESCORTs SmartRadar was pretty reliable although I did still pick up a few false alerts. Although the ESCORT live feature is pretty cool I found that it would be distracting if I were to be driving, looking at the radar message, and my phone to see where the red light cameras are, so opted to test the live iPhone program within the confines of my home. However, the unit with its multiple adjustable features and Bluetooth capability are proof that the radar detector industry has come a long way.
The ESCORT Live program allows your phone to give info to other live users to let them know if and where it has come across actual radar or speed traps. The subscription for this service is $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
ESCORT provides a one-Year Limited Warranty and warrants the SmartRadar device against all defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year.
The product is made for; iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS but no word if the program is compatible with iPhone 5.