Luxury Safety and Fuel Economy Equal Yukon Denali Hybrid
Took this beautiful beast of a vehicle, a Yukon Denali Hybrid, on a road trip up Highway 1 along the Pacific Coast for a test drive. This roomy, luxurious, eco-friendly SUV is packed with features that made my drive safe and enjoyable. Mom's with larger families that are looking for a more luxury driving experience with better fuel economy will enjoy this SUV.
One of the key factors I loved are the safety features. The air-bag system features 360-degrees of coverage in the event of an accident and comes with the
OnStar’s automatic crash response. OnStar also provides monthly vehicle diagnostics that report when any of the vehicle’s major systems is having problems.
The rear-vision camera is one of the many other ways that the Yukon makes everyday driving extra safe.
The GMC official data for the 2012 Yukon Denali Hybrid - 4WD points out that it has 66 percent better fuel economy than any other full-size SUV in its class.
Highlights of the 2012 Yukon Denali Hybrid - 4WD
- Three rows of seating for 8 passengers are standard on all models. The second row is available as a three-passenger bench with a 60/40 split bench.
- The third row features a removable 50/50-split design
- Leather-appointed, heated front seats are standard on Yukon Hybrid
- Heated and cooled perforated leather seats are standard on Yukon Hybrid Denali
- Tri-zone automatic climate control with rear auxiliary air conditioning is standard
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio standard (with three-month trial)
- Navigation radio with a seven-inch touch screen, USB port, hard drive, Time Shift Recording capability, MP3 playback, navigation with voice recognition and color interface display – and three years of complimentary XM NavTraffic service
- Bose nine-speaker sound system is standard on Yukon Hybrid; a Bose Centerpoint 10-speaker surround sound system is standard on Yukon Hybrid Denali
- Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard
- Power-adjustable pedals are standard
- Available Sun and Entertainment Package includes an additional nine months of SiriusXM Radio service, power sunroof and rear-seat DVD entertainment system.
Exterior: Graystone Metalic
Engine: 6.OL SFI
Transmission: 2-Mode Hybrid
City MPG: 20
Highway MPG: 23
Combined Fuel Ecomomy MPG: 21
Estimate Annual Fuel Cost $2,642 ( based on 15K miles per year $3.70 per gallon of gasoline)
MSRP w/Vehicle Additional Options I tested: $65,860.00
WD MSRP Starting from $60,285
4WD MSRP Starting from $63,130
The Yukon Hybrid comes fully-loaded with the technology you need to get the job done. In fact, multiple fuel-saving technologies work together to make the Yukon
Denali Hybrid the most advanced full-size SUV available today.From hands-free calling and directions to a special hybrid power flow display that lets you know exactly how you are doing, it’s all there.
Loaded with Safety Features All Standard
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal, driver and right-front passenger
- Air bags, seat-mounted side-impact driver and right-front passenger air bags
- Air bags, head curtain side-impact air bags
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren), for child safety seats
- Rearview camera
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
- Intelligent Brake Assist
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
- OnStar Crisis Assist
- OnStar Emergency Services
- OnStar Hands Free Calling
- OnStar Low Mileage Discount
- OnStar Remote Door Unlock
- OnStar Remote Horn and Lights
- OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- OnStar Roadside Assistance
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Slowdown
- OnStar Turn By Turn Navigation
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
- Vehicle Theft-Deterrent System: PASS-Key III