My Luxury Road Trip to Barcara Resort with Cadillac
On the top of my bucket list was a wish to stay at the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara doing just what they advertise; "Sipping a glass of chilled rosé.
With clever friends. In good company. The feeling was completely informal and it was in precisely that very relaxed attitude that the luxury lay. This is the
essence of Bacara: Elegance, understatement, complete serenity."
Cadillac generously provided that opportunity with an overnight stay to test drive of the 2012 Cadillac SRX Crossover through the winding hills and vineyards of Southern California. My room featured a King size bed, a very deep, fast-fill tub ( big enough for two) and a large basket of Frette linens sits beneath the counter and two Frette robes await by the tub. Bath products are from the yummy Fresh line :-) A group of scented candles sits on a tray atop the side-table near the fireplace and french doors
opened onto a lovely porch with comfy chairs to take in the beautifully landscaped grounds. Be sure to walk the entire property to take in all the gorgeous ocean and garden views it is truly beautiful.
My impression is the 2012 Cadillac SRX luxury crossover is up for any adventure as it has plenty of power, comfort and features to meet the needs of the luxury seeking family, seats that heat and cool was pretty slick. One feature I loved was the built in dog tether movable hook and restraint screen to keep those wet noses off the back of your neck! This vehicle uses regular unleaded fuel rather than premium unlike some other luxury brand crossovers to help save on fuel costs.
EPA-estimated fuel economy (city / hwy) is 16 / 23 for the AWD version and 17 / 24 for the Front Wheel Drive (FWD) version.
Feature and content enhancements for 2012 model include:
• Standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models, with on-screen caller identification
• OnStar Turn-by-Turn automated directions are loaded to the vehicle
• Improved voice recognition for phone activation, navigation and radio station changes
• A heated steering wheel on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Door lock switches on the driver and passenger door panels as well as the center console
• Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel
• Memory seat set – the occupant can set the seating position simply by pressing “set” and the
• Backlighting for map lights in the overhead console
• A new machined-face finish on the 20-inch wheels, which are standard on Performance and
• Available all-ebony interior trim
• One new exterior color available this fall: Xenon Blue Metallic.
Popular features returning for 2012 include a movable cargo fence and large under-floor storage space in the rear, a lift gate that can be programmed
to stop at different heights and the UltraView sunroof that covers 70 percent of the vehicle roof.
The new and enhanced elements that contribute to a quieter ride include new acoustic material in the upper instrument panel, front-of-dash area, the
center console area and the inner fenders, as well as laminated glass used in the front side glass. There is also a new laminated structural barrier used under
the second-row seat to block noise.
Click to review the complete list of the 2012 SRX’s standard and available features.
OnStar is standard on all models. It uses GPS and cellular phone technology to automatically call for help in the event of crash. OnStar subscribers also can use the service to be Good Samaritans by sending help to other motorists, and to call for help in other non-crash emergencies.
2012 Cadillac SRX base price range, $40,590 to $49,660.
Check out all my photo's of the 2012 Cadillac CRX and the Bacara Resort on my Facebook page here.
|AskPatty® and Certified Female Friendly® are U.S. registered trademarks owned by AskPatty.com, Inc.|