How Much Should I Pay for Vehicle Insurance?
Whether you are renewing your car insurance or purchasing insurance for the first time, the experience is the same. There are many options and features and buying the right vehicle insurance can be perplexing.
SHOP AROUND AND COMPARE
To begin with, price, coverage, and service rates vary widely state by State and by Province. Age, gender, where you live, and your driving history are all factors. No one wants to pay more for insurance than they need to so it is important to secure several quotes before you make your decision. The Internet is a good place to do research because you can compare many company rates and their coverage in a short time frame. The AskPatty.Com Insurance quote is a great place to start.
ASK FOR THOSE DISCOUNTS
Once you get the vehicle Insurance quotes, it is time to speak with the insurance company agent. There are a number of discounts that you should seek and request and if they are not on the insurance quote site, call the agent.
1. If there are several vehicles to be insured, ask for the Multiple Vehicle discount. Insuring all of them with the same company could provide you a discount.
2. If you do not have an accident or points for tickets history, you should also be entitled to a lower quote than if you have a record. Ask for the discounts for being accident and Ticket free
3. More and more insurance companies are referencing Credit Scores as an indicator of payment of insurance so keep that rating score high and ask for the best discount they can offer for your credit worthiness.
4. Be sure to ask what the cost would be if you have all your policies with one company. Many insurance companies offer a Multiple Policy Discount.
5. Younger drivers tend to have more accidents and thus pay a higher rate. No matter what your age, be sure to understand request the Age Discounts.
6. Advise the agent if you garage your vehicles which of course means the vehicle is less likely to be stolen, less likely to be damaged, and less likely to be vandalized.
MAKE THE DECISION
Everyone wants the best price for the best product they can afford to purchase. Get a number of vehicle insurance quotes and before you make the decision on which policy to purchase. Consider the reputation and stability of the company in which you plan to do business. Insurance companies get rated each year and you can find insurance company ratings at www.ambest.com. They provide information for USA, CANADA, ASIA PACIFIC, and EUROPE. Check for their reputation of paying claims, their claim paying process, and their overall company reputation.
Patricia J. Roberts is the Director-Business Development for AskPatty.Com®. She has +39 years of experience in the Automotive Industry which includes increasing the number of women who own and who work in dealerships.
|AskPatty® and Certified Female Friendly® are U.S. registered trademarks owned by AskPatty.com, Inc.|