Make a United Spinal Holiday Season Tribute Donation
You can help Veterans and paralyzed Americans by visiting the UnitedSpinal.org website and make a Holiday Season Tribute Donation. The Holiday Season Tribute is an excellent way for an individual to show their love for someone special during this time of year, as well as support the valuable work that we do at United Spinal. The donor will receive an online acknowledgment, and the honoree will be notified that a special tribute has been made in his/her name.
Despite some economic challenges, our efforts as an organization have been profound and far-reaching to both our members and the disability community. During this past year, we have:
* Provided support and assistance to hundreds of disabled veterans across America through VetsFirst, United Spinal’s benefits counseling program. VetsFirst’s accredited team of national veteran service officers provides advocacy, support and guidance through the VA system, ensuring that veterans receive their rightful benefits and services.
* Conducted our inaugural Disability Leadership & Policy Summit, a forum that featured a productive, interactive exchange of ideas and solutions between some of today’s national leaders in the disability community and Americans living with a disability.
* Expanded the Annual Independence Expo, a two-day program for individuals with disabilities and their family members and caregivers that focuses on enhanced lifestyle and independence.
* Seen the growth of Accessibility Services, as their team of accessibility specialists continues to remain at the forefront of providing training and consulting services to architects/design professionals, thus ensuring access in and throughout public facilities across the country, including the new Yankees Stadium and Mets Ballpark projects.
* Brought hope, encouragement and shown endless possibilities to children and their parents through our 4th Annual Kids Sports Spectacular, an event that introduces children with disabilities to sports and recreation and emphasizes the importance of fitness, exercise, team work and fair play.
* Promoted independence and access through our Wheelchair Repair Clinics, a community-outreach series providing free, technical assistance and repairs to individuals’ wheelchairs and/or scooters.
These are just some of the ways that United Spinal is making a difference in the lives of paralyzed Americans. And, now more than ever, support and contributions are needed to help us to continue our important work in the upcoming year.